Wednesday 21 January 2009

NH KENSINGTON - LONDON

London is a huge city... Thousands of hotels to chose from... They could be good, but if you don't know the place, you are taking too many chances. If you are just one night, then you could be ok anywhere, on condition the place is clean... but there are many factors to take into consideration.

I have to say that I am in love with the NH Hotels. It is a safe choice, true... so there is very little where to explore... I have to say that the NH Kensington is a bit far off the centre... However, it is situated in the exclusive Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, and Earls Court Underground station is only 5 minutes walk away.

I arrive on New Year's Eve, and at reception, I showed my voucher, and they told me that the double room I had booked was not available, but a suite was. I would not be charged extra for it... So of course, we accepted... (see picture below... would you have refused?)

The room was a bit small, but comfy. It was a two floor room, with even two bathrooms and a living room on the top floor. Flat TVs on both floors...

There was a little detail I didn't like about it. Normally, you get soap, shampoo and other bathroom accessories as standard. The bathroom was bare... Just soap and shampoo. Of course, I had to complain. The excuse was the exchange rate and the ecological issue of trying to save chemicals thrown to the sewers... What does a comb (to say something) have to do with it? I thought, that after the cost of the room, specially, with it being a suite, I would have expected a better service.

Breakfast, buffet, of course. Cereals, yogurts, fruit, nutella (extra point for me) bread, veggies, scrambled eggs, meats, biscuits, tarts... you name it... there was. It is true that if you were expecting a Full English Breakfast, it was not the right place... but after all, I believe the hotel is focused for Spaniards (at the end of the chain is Spanish) or other European. While I was there, there were also many Italians.

Bus 94 stopped right outside the hotel, taking you straight into Harrod's, Harvey Nickols... It also has a night bus, if you want to have the night bus experience. As I said earlier, it is withn short walking distance from Earl's Court Underground station. There are other buses nearby that will take you somewhere, although, I didn't check where.

Staff was friendly and helpful...

As I always say... you are not deceived with an NH Hotel. Of course, it is not the cheapest, but... cheaper are not that far away in price, but yet again, what you get in exchange, is considerably less. NH is a bit pricy, but worth paying for.

REFERENCE:

NH Kensington
Address: Cromwell Road 202-220,
SW5 0SW LONDON,
United Kingdom
Contact details:
E-mail: nhkensington@nh-hotels.com

Tel.: +44 207 2441 441

Fax: +44 207 244 1442

Category: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment