Saturday 28 March 2009

HOTEL DOÑA CARLOTA - CIUDAD REAL

Doña Carlota Hotel could be considered as one of the best in the Castilian city of Ciudad Real. Doña Carlota Hotel could be considered as one of the best in the Castilian city of Ciudad Real. The city is well located on the High Speed line to Seville, and its size makes the hotel quite handy. It is within the University area. The modern façade welcomes and gives you the first impression of "Uff. I didn't make a mistake when booking it". However, the first impression stops there. The reception is rather bland and old fashioned. When asked about WIFI, they tell you it's 1 Euro per hour, which, I must say, it is rather cheap considering the fees around the world in hotels. But if you don't have a computer, you need to go... not to the Business Centre, but... the Cafeteria. Strange location!

The corridors are spartan and are without lights, waiting for the hosts to get in and automatically light them on. When you get to the room the first thought is: "Oh my God!” Where am I? Is it a 21st Century Hotel or one of those Don Quixote’s Inns?

The bathroom has really old ware, and also offers some soap, which in my case, had been open and used previously.

Breakfast was... poor in choice, but rather traditional. The "pain au chocolat" where immense and very good. Coffee was, on the contrary, rather bad. A choice of cheese, and garlic sausage, as well as minced tomato sauce, which I really liked on top of a toast. Yogurts ... doubtful! Orange juice... out of a bottle.
Doña Carlota Hotel, a 4 star hotel that should be reclassified. Staff was neither nice nor nasty. They were, basically. Foreigners may have problems, as receptionists’ knowledge of English is limited. Its 161 have air conditioning, satellite T.V. I am sorry, but if I have the choice, I would try to go to my favourite NH, which in the city is only a 3 star, but, so far, NH Hotels have not let me down so far.

Hotel Doña Carlota.
Ronda de Toledo
13003 Cuidad Real (Spain)
Tel: 926 23 16 10
Fax: 926 23 16 10

No comments:

Post a Comment