Tuesday 9 March 2010

THE RADISSON BLU HOTEL LONDON STANSTED AIRPORT

Whether your flight is early in the morning, or reaches Stansted late in the evening, the Radisson Blu hotel London Stansted Airport is ideal to forget about a place to sleep. It takes you more or less the same to catch a bus, a train or to go to the hotel. It is that close to the air terminal. But don't think that being so close to the airport will mean it is noisy. All the contrary. My room overlooked the boarding area of Ryanair... and no noise.

Receptionist were really helpful, nice and polite... And fast. check in was done really fast, and that is something good after a long day travelling.
The hall is impressive, and so is the wine Tower, with the acrobatic show to get the bottle. Gobsmacking!!!

The rooms may differ from visit to visit as they have 6 different styles. So far, I have tried the Urban and Ocean style, being the latter better (picture below). The Urban style is a bit... dull.
One of the things I really liked was that the room had european plugs as well as the British ones. So I could charge my mobile and my laptop. Also, as with all Radisson Hotels, I believe, Internet is free of charge, so it is another positive point.

I asked for a big bed, if possible, and it was. It was massive! And comfortable. The bathroom was nothing special. I would have preferred a shower... but... a Bath is still ok for having a shower.

I didn't get breakfast, as I tend to go for ready made Airport stuff... Still expensive, but less than whatever the hotel offers.

THE RADISSON BLU HOTEL LONDON STANSTED AIRPORT
Waltham Close
London Stansted Airport
Essex
CM24 1PP

Tel: +44 (0) 1279 66 1012
Fax: +44 (0) 1279 66 1013
Email

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete