Sunday 25 April 2010

HOTEL MÜNCHNER HOF FRANKFURT

Having had stayed in "cheap" hotels in Frankfurt for the exhibition, the Münchner

Checking in was ok. I had my booking with me, and it was only a matter of filling in a few details in the forms supplied. The staff, foreign, were nice, although I have to say, that sometimes, it was a bit complicated to communicate... but we managed.

Compared with the former hotel, we improved slightly. At least, we had a lift. The room was small, but... Do I need more? I spend the whole day in the exhibition, therefore, all I need is to get back, get changed, grab a shower and sleep well.

The days were cold, so when I returned to the hotel, the radiator was on... so I had to turn it off and open the window if I didn't want to die like a roasted chicken.

The bathroom was minuscule. I appreciated the shower, which went quite well. Soap was supplied in a dispenser and the towels were standard size... a bit small to my liking.

The bed was comfortable, and I was lucky to get a "double bed"... the bed covers... I decided not to inspect them... just in case. And I say it was a double bed, because my colleagues got two beds next to each other.

The walls were very thin, and I could hear my neighbour snore all night. Thank god he didn't have company...

After the bed, one thing I really value in a hotel is its breakfast. I have to say that the morning buffet was not that varied. Coffee was... drinkable. Food looked cheap, even bread. Cereals were from the cheapest product line available... but they had Nutella...

It was a very basic hotel... considering the ones I normally stay at... and extremely expensive for what we got in exchange. The good point is that it was within short walking distance from the Railway Station... and only 3 stops on the tram. Hof was not that different. The only difference was that it was not cheap.

HOTEL MÜNCHNER HOF
Münchener Straße 46
D-60329 Frankfurt/Main

Tel: +49 (0)69 23 00 66
Fax: +49 (0)69 23 44 28
Email: info@hotelmh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment