Saturday 28 August 2010

AQUILA PORTO RETHYMNO HOTEL, IN RETHYMNO

This five star hotel is near the centre, in a place where parking was a bit complicated… although, I was lucky and parked the car just outside the hotel. It has the reputation of being one of the most luxurious and modern hotels in Rethymno. I will not enter into that, but what I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed my stay there.

Reception staff was really nice, especially Eva, who gave us all the help we needed, as well as told us all what we could get in the hotel. We were upgraded, although I would have appreciated if we would have been advised that the room was a smoking room, but I decided to keep it because it was a really nice room, with direct view to the beach, on the main road. If I complained and requested another room, I would probably get an interior room, with view to the swimming pool, which, of course, is not the same.

The room was up to what you could expect from a five star hotel: complementary house wine, water and fruit, sleepers, full set of toiletries, bath gown …

It had a private beach, with deck chairs and towels available, as well as shower. Of course, I had to use it. You only needed to cross the street, and there you were, in the sandy beach with clear water...

Back in the hotel, a gym is available for those in need to do some sport, as well as a spa, with Jacuzzi, Finnish sauna and steam room. Massage parlour is chargeable.

As I had waken up early, done some exercise and enjoyed a nice walk in the city, I was tired, so I went early to bed. The bar, belonging to the same hotel, was just under my room and it was rather loud. However, music stopped within a reasonable time before midnight.

Buffet breakfast was very good. I loved the freshly squeezed orange machine. You did it yourself... how fresher you can get it? Fruit was available as well as cereals, cold meat and cheese, jams, breads... One thing is for sure. You didn't leave the restaurant needing food.

It was a pity to leave... but we had to continue our schedule... Checking out was also fast.

AQUILA PORTO RETHYMNO HOTEL
Sikelianou & Venizelou 52A,
74100 Rethymno, Crete,
Greece
Tel.: +30 28310 50432 / 52182 / 51980
Fax: + 30 28310 27825

No comments:

Post a Comment