Monday 11 October 2010

INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL CALI

My visit to Cali was brief. I arrived late in the evening and I went straight into the Intercontinental, which was managed by Estelar Hoteles. Nevertheless, I could still use my Intercontinental Priority Club card.

I got there and there wasn’t anyone at reception, so staff was only for me so checking in was really fast. The girl behind the counter was really helpful and indicated everything very well.
I got a floor on the 5th floor. As soon as I got in the room, I noticed the noise of a fan… and taking into consideration I had a terrible headache, I decided to go back to reception and get a nother room. I was also given another on the 5th floor, 529, and the noise was still there, but much more attenuated. It seemed that isolation was much better in this room.

The room was fairly big, but rather old fashioned. I guess Intercontinental had opened it, and for some reason, did not get the expected results, so… it was handed over to local group Estelar, who had done little renovation.

The bed was comfortable… and pillows were also available.

The living room area, as you can see from the picture, was also old fashioned. Wireless Internet was free of charge, but believe me, it was like a torture. Extremely slow that took you away from it… The Flat screen was a much relaxed option… Mainly, Colombian TV channels.

The bathroom is wide and so is the bath. Toiletries are still Intercontinental branded, but the philosophy is Estelar, that is, to pay for toothbrush, shaving kit… which I think is a bit mean.
As for the breakfast, I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the fact, I had to ask what everything was and of course, I had to try it… and it was delicious, specially the typical arepa with melted cheese and the cheesy breads… Fruit was exceptional and so was the yogurt. There was a type of scrambled eggs with corn, with ham and some other I cannot remember, and specially, the typically dressed cook that was behind the counter who was ever so kind, informative and… got me to try everything…

It seems to be the best hotel in Cali... It may look like a modern hotel from outside... but it is clearly a very poor 5-star hotel and clearly under the Intercontinental standard.

Checking out was also easy.

INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL CALI

AVENIDA COLOMBIA #2-72,
P.O. BOX 7457
CALI
COLOMBIA
Front Desk: +57-2-8823225
Fax: +57-2-8939494

No comments:

Post a Comment