Saturday 6 November 2010

NH CAMPO GRANDE, IN LISBON

The NH hotels can be of two types. Old buildings refurbished and new buildings. The NH Campo Grande is a relatively new building but the hotel itself looks as if it was an old one... that had not been touch for a long time... except for the common areas.

The Reception area is ok. When I got there, it was rather quiet, so I checked it relatively fast. The lifts were just next to the reception, but one of them was not working well. So thank God there was not that many people.

The room was ok. I got 403 that offered a "nice" view to the main road. Fortunately, it was well isolated. Bed was comfortable, rather small for a new hotel. A little living room area, with a pair of chairs and a table, with a Nespresso Coffee Machine and some tablets to make a coffee.

The bathroom with much less toiletries than in the good times... Logical if they want to reduce costs... but... do you go to a hotel that has an attractive price but you don't find half of the things you find a similar status hotel? Very poor.

Internet has also a cost. 15 Euro for the basic connection and 18 for the business. Nowadays, there are hotels that are offering it for free, for god sake, and this hotel not only asks you to pay for it, but it has two types. I am not sure what the business rate was like, but the basic one was constantly offline, and took a couple of minutes to get you back online.

Breakfast was also... simple. A buffet was available with some cold meats, cheese, fruit (very scarce) and some bakery products. Coffee was prepared (not that bad) and so was the orange juice. The restaurant was overlooking the main road too and traffic was intense, so... definitely, was not a relaxing experience, especially for me, who had a car hired.

Checking out was fast too. I had my car in the car park... which according to them is payable, but they didn't charge me for it, even when I remarked I had my car there... So... good point there for the hotel.

I think that the 4 stars they claim to have... should be more like 3... But it's ok...


NH CAMPO GRANDE

Campo Grande, 7.

1700-087 Lisboa (Portugal)

Tel. +35.121.7917600

Fax: +35.121.7957500

E-mail: nhcampogrande@nh-hotels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment