Saturday 13 November 2010

ELECTRA PALACE HOTEL, IN ATHENS

Electra Palace Hotel is an unexpectedly big hotel in the heart of Plaka, the most touristic district of the Greek capital. However, that doesn't mean that is noisy at all. It is also near Syntagma, the main square in the city.


The hotel is rather classical. Its huge hall leads to the reception area. Two or three people will do the check in. Quick, although you need to fill in the form, as you normally do, even, when you have the voucher with all the information. The staff at reception is ever so nice. Really helpful at all times.

The lifts are too small, and rather unsafe. I got one where the doors would not close, so I got out, but could not call the other, because according to the system, the (defective) lift was still there. So I had to find my way downstairs.

The room was very old-fashioned, and to an extent, with lack of taste. It felt it was decorated in the 80s... and had remained like that since. The big problem for my room was that it was extremely hot. I put on the air conditioned, and I realized that hot air was coming out. I called reception and was told that it was either heating or air conditioned... and because customers had complained about the cold, they had to put the heater on. It was around 25 outside. How could people complain about cold rooms!!!

Internet is free of charge, but you need to go via cable. But again, it is positive.

Breakfast was rather weak. Good natural Orange Juice. Fruit salad is something that makes me wonder the origin of the food. And that was available every day. Bread was also nice, especially the cheese bread with sesame. Scrambled eggs or poached eggs... didn't look that attractive. I have to say... that I have had better breakfast.

Checking out was fast too... If I have the choice, I think I would try another hotel. It is clearly not a 5 star hotel, despite the traditional decor.


ELECTRA PALACE HOTEL ATHENS
18-20, N.Nikodimou Str
10557 Athens
Greece
Tel : +30 210 33 70 000
Fax: + 30 210 32 41 875

No comments:

Post a Comment