Saturday 6 November 2010

EUROSTARS DAS ARTES, IN PORTO

Getting to Porto from Lisbon was easy. Getting to the Eurostar Das Artes Hotel was a bit of a nightmare. I didn’t have a GPS with me, so there I was like in the old times… with a map in hand… and following signs. I have to say that from the ring road, the signs were clear and without any mistake, so you could reach the hotel easily… but the traffic around the hospital that is near the hotel was chaotic, extremely slow and clearly, the traffic lights didn’t allow enough cars to avoid congestion. But… eventually, I got there.

The hotel is inside a historic building, near the centre but not quite in there. The metro stop is within walking distance. To start with, you need to climb a few steps to get to the reception. Staff was nice and gave me all sorts of indications. I had to pay for my car parking space in the back yard. Outside, in the neighbouring streets, carparking may be complicated... and expensive, as it is blue area of pay and display.

The room I got, was on the 2nd floor of the module that was next the the street, but it was an inside room, therefore, it was very quiet. The room was huge, with a big comfortable bed and sufficient space for a sitting watching the flat screen TV.

The bathroom was huge too. Very long, with a bath and a shower, and plenty of soaps.

In the morning, on the lower ground floor, a massive buffet is waiting for you. Wide choice that surely will meet your expectations.

EUROSTARS DAS ARTES
RUA DO ROSARIO, 160-164
Porto
Portugal

Telephone: (+34) 902 93 24 24
Fax: (+34) 93 268 19 45

No comments:

Post a Comment